Monday, May 28, 2012

If you can't take the heat, stay on the treadmill

I did it. I ran outside. It was all kinds of miserable, but all kinds of perfect too.

So I did 5 miles, and I don't know what my time ended up being because Dr. Adam's watch gave out on me a little after halfway and apparently said it was full of data and refused to create anymore, so it stopped tracking my workout. But I know the first two miles were in the 8:35-8:45 range, and I probably slowed down a little on some of those later miles with the difficult conditions, so I'm guessing I averaged just at or just under 9 minute miles for the whole thing. That might be optimistic, but that's okay.

It was a pretty difficult run for me for a number of reasons:

A. It was super hot.
B. There was ZERO shade on or near the lovely river trail I was running.
C. I am not used to gravel trail... this was all gravel... and grass, which I am also not used to.
D. I didn't have water with me or anywhere along this hot run.
E. I'm pregnant. Okay... maybe that doesn't count given the nature of this blog.

BUT... the run was awesome for me for a number of reasons:

A. I was outside!
B. The scenery here is gorgeous! River on one side, pretty hillsides and mini-mountains on the other.
C. No stroller.
D. Mostly flat course on the river walk.
E. Dr. Adam always says I look hot in sunglasses (which were very helpful in the 100% sunshine of my 10 AM run). He also told me my singlet and such made me look "legit". I'll take it. Hahaha. Love my husband.

20+ weeks... you can kinda see a bump, right? 
Anyway, I better end this so I can get up from this chair and stop being critiqued on my posture. (Another thing I am trying to fix). The joys of being married to a PT. It's all because they care.

No comments:

Post a Comment